Welcome to our first newsletter of the close season. As preparations start for the new season 2019-2020, the purpose of this first newsletter is to let you know about arrangements for our League Fitness assessments and to give you an update on our preparations for the introduction of Temporary Dismissals – Sin Bins in all of our divisions next season.
I have attached separately a schedule of the fitness assessment dates for July and August 2019. Please complete and return to me as soon as possible. The appointing policy for next season is shown below, with a minor change for Level 6 to 5 promotion candidates. There is no Development Division on the League next season.
SPARTAN SOUTH MIDLANDS OFFICIALS’ APPOINTING POLICY FOR 2019-2020 SEASON (Levels 5, 6 and 7)
Subject to the overriding issues of availability and demand, the following will apply to appointments procedures for all SSMFL Divisions:
· Level 5 Officials who have satisfied the fitness assessment (see note 1 below) will have preference to be appointed as Senior Assistant on SSMFL Premier Division matches and have preference to referee Division 1 matches.
· Level 5 officials who have satisfied the fitness assessment (see note 2 below) will be given preference to be appointed as Junior Assistant on SSMFL Premier Division matches.
· All other Level 5 referees will be eligible to Referee Division 2 matches and officiate as an Assistant Referee on Division 1 and Division 2 matches.
· Level 6 to 5 Promotion candidates who consistently demonstrate potential and high-performance ratings, will be considered to officiate as a referee on Division 2 matches.
· Level 6 and Level 7 officials who consistently demonstrate potential and high-performance ratings will be considered to be appointed as Assistant Referees on all Divisions of the League, including the Premier Division subject to satisfying the appropriate fitness assessment(s).
· New officials to the League will be reviewed and assessed before being appointed to a Division 1 as a Referee or Assistant Referee or Premier Division match as an Assistant Referee.
· It is the intention that Referees and Assistant Referees will not be appointed to the same home club within a period of 4 weeks
· In all appointments made, the objective of the League will be to give equal treatment to all officials, subject to their availability
The criteria listed above for appointments are subject to demand and availability
Note 1 – The League Fitness assessment for Senior Assistant appointments on the Premier Division and as referee on Division 1 consists of running at least 2400 metres in 12 minutes continuous running and after a 15-minute break, running 2 consecutive sprints of 50 metres within 7.5 seconds each time.
Note 2 – The League Fitness assessment for appointments as Junior Assistant on SSMFL Premier Division matches consists of continuous running at least 2000 metres in 12 minutes and after a 15-minute break, running 2 consecutive sprints of 50 metres within 7.5 seconds each time.
TEMPORARY DISMISSALS- SIN BIN TRAINING
The League has arranged 4 training meetings, presented to us by colleagues at the Football Association. We have already notified these dates to all officials. Two meetings have already taken place. The two remaining meetings are on the 17th June at London Lions FC, Rowley Lane, Barnet and the 20th June at Beds County FA, Dunstable.
The policy of the League Management Committee is that all Level 4 referees must attend one of the League training meetings. All other registered officials must have attended either one of the League training meetings or a County FA training meeting(subject to confirmation of attendance by the County FA) to be able to officiate on the League next season. If you have not yet attended a training meeting, you can still attend one of our remaining meetings listed above. Please let Tony Weight (firstname.lastname@example.org) know as soon as possible.
A further newsletter containing important information for you will be sent out in the next few weeks.
Enjoy the close season
Tony Weight – Referees’ Liaison Officer
Peter Clayton – Appointments Officer (Premier Division)
Isaac Jempeji – Appointments Officer (Other Divisions)